Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
QUALIFICATION NUMBER : 603/3115/X
UNIT AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this qualification is to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and well-being of infants and children they support and care for.
Learners should be at least 16 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but Centers may have their own guidelines.
In this qualification, babies and young children refers to an age range of 0-5 years old. This is a knowledge-only qualification, therefore work placement is not mandatory. To achieve this qualification, learners are required to successfully pass all 3 mandatory units.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in An Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 142 hours
- Skill level Level 2 Certificate
- Language English
- Students 280
- Assessments Yes